Examples of medical social work services I render, include:
- Patients who had surgery and there are concerns about how they will handle out-of-hospital treatment and after-care;
- Bereavement and grief counselling to patients and families;
- Explanation of the patient’s condition / diagnoses to the family, school or employer;
- Concerns when patients are regularly admitted for the same conditions;
- Concerns about coping abilities of new parents after giving birth;
- Psychological aspects: suicide attempts / self-harming behavior;
- Other social-emotional issues like physical abuse, sexual abuse, domestic violence, substance abuse, neglect, divorce, marital conflict, behavioral problems and statutory cases.