Lucé Pretorius is a registered Social Worker in Private Practice who has been rendering therapeutic and assessment services to children and their families in South Africa for about 12 years. With an additional focus on psycho-legal, EAP, medical and psychiatric work, clients get holistic treatment on their journey. Lucé presents trainings across South Africa and abroad and her booklets and manuals are known nationally. She is furthermore involved in leadership roles at different social work professional boards. ,
She started with her Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work at the North West University in 2008. Lucé completed this Degree, as well as an Honors Degree in Social Work in 2012, where after she furthered her tertiary education and completed a Master’s Degree in Social Work in 2015. Lucé believes that every opportunity should be seen as a learning opportunity and is currently (2021) finalizing her PhD degree in Social Work."I consider myself to be a well-disciplined, hardworking individual. I am a perfectionist and am therefore always neat and organized. Furthermore, I am eager to act on new opportunities as I am driven by challenges and have good problem solving skills. I keep myself to a high standard and am extremely ambitious in terms of personal and career development. I am a confident person who finds it easy to communicate with others. I also consider myself as a task orientated, as well as a person orientated individual. Although I enjoy challenging tasks, I’m only truly satisfied when I know that I am helping another person and making a difference in their lives. I am passionate about the Social Work Profession and I see it as both a career and a calling."
Lucé participates in various voluntary projects and forms part of a variety of leadership structures. Some achievements in her social work career include:
- Conference presentation at International Seminar on Social Service, Social Work, Social Sciences - A Road a Head - Awareness, Education & Opportunities in collaboration with Sri Holistic Health Foundation India (SHHFI) & Social Service, Social Work & Social Sciences Fraternity & Stakeholders (2021);
- Being nominated to serve on the South African Council for Social Service Professions in 2018;
- Three of research articles is in process to be published in accredited academic journals;
- Nominated as the best Social Work student in South Africa at the South African Council of Social Service Professions (2012);
- Selected as the best Social Work student at the North West University (2010 – 2012);
- Member of Golden Key International Honor Society (2011 - present);
- Publication: Co-author: Service learning and volunteerism: the NWU’s Student Rag Community Service Story. Presented at SAAHE (South African Association of Health Educationalists). July 2011.
- Publication: Author: Die psigososiale omstandighede van opvoeders betrokke by die Vroeë Kinderontwikkelingsprogram van die Studente Jool Gemeenskapsdiens in Potchefstroom. 2015.
- Publication: Author: I am Sam – Disciplinary Guidelines to parents. Volume 1 – 5. 2017.